vrijdag 13 juli 2012

Drifting with the GPS drift


When preparing the previous post on GPS drift I wondered what would happen if you would drift along with the drift. Yesterday I had 30 minutes to spare and I gave it a try. I went to the park, switched on the GPS in the middle of the field, stood still and waited for the device to 'move' and then I followed its direction. This caused the direction to change and I proceeded to follow the new direction, etc. etc. In effect GPS drift only provided a first random direction before I created a feedback loop where I was following myself with a delay. Often the direction switched between opposite cardinal directions with great speed and several times I got dizzy by trying keeping up, sometimes I just had to let the thing come to rest before resuming the chase. Disorienting! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten